Considering a short-break in the UK? Here are 5 top attractions why Liverpool could be your ideal destination.
1. The Mersey Ferry is world famous and no trip to the city is complete without a sail across or without singing 'Ferry cross the Mersey'! During peak times, the ferry is used heavily by commuters from Birkenhead to Liverpool. If you want a great photo of the city's sky line, this is the way to get it.
2. Liverpool is home to two stunning cathedrals, with the Anglican one holding a number of world records (including the highest and heaviest peal of bells). If you head up the tower, you can get fantastic views of the city, the Wirral and of North Wales.
3. Beatles fans will almost certainly want to make a stop at The Beatles Story, an audio-guided museum tour that traces the footsteps of the Fab Four and gives unique insights into their meteoric rise. Meanwhile, equally fascinating Magical Mystery Tour will take people to many of the key locations that played a part in the Beatles' story.
4. Albert Dock, opened in 1846 by Price Albert, is home of fantastic museums, shops, restaurants, bars and architecture, making it a must-see for anyone visiting Liverpool for the first time. You could visit the Maritime Museum or Museum of International Slavery. Or, how about the most visit modern art museum outside of London, the Tate Liverpool.
5. Liverpool is a city that loves its sport, with two top flight and globally famous football teams and one of the country's best racecourse facilities. If you want to see the likes of Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta, then a trip to Goodison Park to watch Everton will be perfect; for messrs Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres, a visit to Anfield is a must; and for all your racing needs, Aintree is something not to be missed.
So, why not check out these top attractions and much more by visiting Liverpool soon? With plenty of Liverpool hotels to choose from, including some excellent family hotels Liverpool has everything you could want and more.